AKSHAY CHOPRA is the graduate of the prestigious National Defence Academy and the Air Force Academy. He was commissioned in the Indian Air Force as a pilot and has been the captain of the Air Force Best Physique team. He is among the most qualified fitness professionals in the country with a range of international certifications and courses. Akshay has trained and studied under some of the best coaches in the country like several times national high jump champion Mr Syopad Singh, legendary bodybuilder and Air Force coach Mr. Prasad Kumar and bodybuilding legends like Mr. KLNV Prasad and Mr. Bhakta Kumar, doctor and national powerlifter Dr. Dhananjay More etc.
Akshay Chopra has one of the richest experiences in the field of sports and fitness in the country and is among the few people to have background of competitive athletics, military training and bodybuilding. He has won accolades in various competitions and has been 3 times Mr. Gujarat gold medallist and twice all India services silver medallist etc.
He is the most prolific author in the field of fitness in India and has written over nine books with many more in the editing stage. Akshay Chopra’s research involves an independent and unbiased study of various topics, first from the evolutionary and historical standpoint and then the current research available on the health perspective.
Akshay Chopra has written hundreds of articles for various magazines and websites and has conducted lectures for thousands of people of all ages across the nation. He is also the co-founder of one of the most research based gyms in the country, BODY MECHANICS (BM) along with Mr. Sunny Gambhir and Mr. Sanjit Pal Singh Gulati.
Major courses done:
- BSc (National Defence Academy, Jawaharlal Nehru University)
- Flying Pilot training – Air Force Academy
- Advance Flying Pilot Training – FWTF (Fixed Wing Training Faculty) Bangalore
- Operational Officer Missiles (Pechora)
- MSc (Clinical Nutrition & Dietetics) (Karnataka State University)
- Strength and Sports Conditioning Specialist (International Sports Science Association)
- Performance Enhancement Specialist (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist (National Academy of Sports Medicine)
- Specialist in Fitness for Older Adults International Sports Science Association)
- Women Fitness Specialist (International Fitness Professional Association)
- Junior/Youth Fitness Specialist (American Academy of Health And Fitness)
- Lifestyle and Weight Management Specialist (National Exercise and Sports Training Association)
- Certified NLP practitioner (Richard Bandler’s NLP)
- Sports Nutritionist Specialist (Progressive Fitness)
- Advance Course in Nutrition & Dietetics (Progressive Fitness)
- Holistic Life Coach (Spencer Institute)
- Certified Personal Trainer (International Sports Science Association)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 (Dr. John Berardi)
- Underground Strength Training Systems (Zach Even Esh)
- Brookfield Training Systems (Dr. John Brookfield)
- Courses Under Paul Check